Kawann Short: "It was tough not being able to help"

Sir Purr

Mar 16, 2019
rywowyivm3rl1vyeun8x

“I tried to be vocal with what I was seeing from a fan standpoint. If there was some negative stuff, I said it without holding my tongue,” Short said. “It’s tough. It was even tougher not being able to help. We had the right guys. We just couldn’t put it together. We know it’s a win now league. That’s what needs to get done.”

As the Panthers enter the offseason in search of their next head coach, Short believes everyone’s future is uncertain.

“Everyone besides Christian and Luke,” Short said with a laugh. “What have you done for me lately? I’ve been injured. Nothing surprises me anymore.”

The defensive front is going to look a lot different. Mario Addison, Gerald McCoy, Bruce Irvin, Vernon Butler and Kyle Love are all on expiring contracts. The Panthers have a decision to make regarding Dontari Poe, who has a team option available.

Short is a key cog, and having him healthy and leading the front line will be a welcomed sight in 2020.

“It’s a new start. Mentally and physically I feel good,” Short said. “My expectations are to come back healthy and do what I do. Have to get this team back to what we do around here. Stop the run and get after the quarterback to help the guys behind us. I can’t do that by myself. Hopefully, a lot of these guys are ready to take on that journey and take on that task.”