Kirk Cousins & Vikings Offense Focused on Little Details vs. Packers Defense

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
ewi27rtuw6pcpeuqqtf2

Cousins will have plenty of options in the passing game, too, as Adam Thielen, Bisi Johnson, rookie Justin Jefferson, Tajaé Sharpe, Kyle Rudolph and Irv Smith. Jr, all had productive camps.

Cook, who had 53 catches for 519 yards in 2019, is also a factor in the passing game.

"I think, offensively, we're in a good spot," Vikings Head Coach Mike Zimmer said Wednesday. "Obviously, we'll find out come Sunday.

"But I feel good about the guys we have, feel good about Kirk taking a leadership role and the things he's doing that way in preparing for this football game," Zimmer added. "I think we've got some weapons, and hopefully we can get them in some space."

Getting mismatches against a stout Packers defense will be the job of Vikings Offensive Coordinator Gary Kubiak, who is in his first season in that role with the Vikings and second in Minnesota.

With no preseason games, Cousins said he's gotten a feel during game-like situations in recent weeks for how Kubiak likes to call a game.

"I just have a lot of confidence in him. He's been around the block," Cousins said. "He's seen what great offenses look like. He's been around world champions and won a couple himself.

"So just knowing the experience, knowing that he's been around some of the best and knows what it should look like, I just trust him and do what he tells me, and that's about all I can do," Cousins added.

Sunday's game between the Vikings and Packers is just one of 16 for Minnesota this season, and won't decide their playoff fate or the division race by any means.

But it's a chance for Cousins and his offensive teammates to remove the bad taste of getting swept in 2019 and start the 2020 season off on the right foot.

"Just looking forward now to Week 1, getting started at the real thing," Cousins said. "It's been a long time coming, and you can feel the energy around the building and the excitement of real football."