Kyler Murray Answering Cardinals' Call Of Duty With Stellar Season

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
yv1i6abtatsbntdtrv1k

Boasting isn't part of Murray's game, although he's not going to shy away from stating the facts as he knows them, either. He said he could've played better against the Bills, although "when the team is winning, obviously I feel like the quarterback is doing something well." Statistically, he couldn't have done much better the previous game against the Dolphins, but once the Cardinals lost, any achievement was all but worthless.

With the national TV wins over the Cowboys and Seahawks, the Hail Murray touchdown that dominated the Sunday night NFL coverage, and yet another national TV game Thursday night against the Seahawks – on top of his incredible play – Murray has also stepped into the MVP conversation.

"I haven't done anything so as far as the MVP deal, I'm not worried about that," Murray said. "As far my personal confidence, do I believe I'm one of the best in the league? Yeah, of course. I think anybody should be confident in themselves."

The confidence carries over. NFL Films cameras caught Murray postgame talking with Bills offensive lineman and Murray college teammate Cody Ford, with Murray saying he knew the Cardinals would win – a stretch given their desperate straits just a few seconds before Hopkins' mind-bending catch.

Maybe, though, that's just who Murray is.

"When you see a guy like that scrambling around, making plays with his feet, running for first downs, taking hits, and doing things that are uncommon for a quarterback, Kyler motivates everyone on that football field," Hopkins said. "He gives us a spark I've never been a part of and I'm just happy to be his teammate."

It's a natural byproduct, Murray said, of him playing hard for his team and to win. His competitiveness is well-chronicled, as is his talent. Bring those together, and you have a guy on pace for record statistics, a guy in the MVP talk, a guy who wheels away from a sure tackle and then flings, against his body, an excellent 50-yard throw that ends in a miracle touchdown.

"Those throws you make at the end, it looks like it's lucky, but it's way more than that," Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said.

You do that, you've probably earned a little WarZone time with your friends.

"I don't think I can draw it up much better," Murray said.

Sure, Murray was talking about his game-winning TD pass/video game combination. He could say the same for the start of his NFL career.

Continue reading...