Kyler Murray Calls Limited Practice 'Precautionary' Move

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
oght80alsiifidfmwybn

Kyler Murray did not log a full practice with his teammates on Tuesday, but the Cardinals' star quarterback does not seem particularly concerned with his shoulder injury.

Murray called the decision to limit his passes a "precautionary" move after he was hurt on a sack early in Thursday night's loss to the Seahawks. Murray was shown grimacing at times on the sideline as he threw warm-up tosses but did not miss a snap.

The Cardinals play the Patriots on Sunday in New England.

"I feel good," Murray said. "Obviously got nicked up a little bit the past couple weeks, but I feel good. I feel fine."

Coach Kliff Kingsbury said on Monday that the Cardinals were going to see if Murray could "cut it loose" at practice or if adjustments would be needed, and the latter was true, as Murray was off to the side during the portion of Tuesday's session open to reporters.

"I'm trying to limit those throws, but at the same time, making sure I'm ready," Murray said.

Kingsbury said he was proud of the way Murray fought through the injury against Seattle. The second-year quarterback finished the game 29-of-42 for 269 yards and two touchdowns.

This week could be an adjustment for Murray, who has a penchant for throwing the ball a lot, whether it be at practice or on game day.

"I like warming up before I go out there and touch the field, even if it's midgame sideline throws," Murray said. "I usually throw before we go out there, just because I've got to be ready to make those throws when it's live."

Continue reading...