Larry Fitzgerald Sees A 'Must-Win' In Trip To New York

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
k3k5jse0hqqvahikkbmj

"Must-win" is never a term an athlete takes lightly.

It's thrown around with ease by fans and media, but players and coaches usually try to avoid it – because giving more weight to one game or another isn't ideal.

But Larry Fitzgerald, who has played a lot of football and seen plenty of seasons unfold, didn't hesitate in saying that the Cardinals have a must-win game Sunday in New York against the Jets.

"Seattle is the leader in our division, 4-0 right now, and they are rolling," Fitzgerald said. "We have to be able to find a way to get back on the right track. Another road game, going across three time zones to play, you have to find a way to put together four good quarters in all three phases. It's as simple as that.

"We need to be able to keep pace with the Rams and the other teams playing well in the division. It's definitely a must-win."

The undefeated Seahawks are atop the NFC West. The Rams are 3-1, and the 49ers, like the Cardinals, are 2-2.

The Jets are struggling mightily at 0-4, and are starting backup quarterback Joe Flacco. The next two games for the Cardinals, before getting the bye, are a Monday night game in Dallas and a home game against the Seahawks.

"To me that that's how I view it," quarterback Kyler Murray said. "(But) I view every game as a must-win. Obviously we haven't won them all, but that's my mindset. I can't speak for everybody else."

Continue reading...