Meet Kristen Balboni, new Panthers team reporter

Sir Purr

Mar 16, 2019
erdy0icramoqglc9hyt3

In her own words

Sports broadcasting is an absolute dream job, but it also usually means you move a lot to chase those dreams.

Since graduating from UNC, I've lived in Connecticut (while working for ESPN), Los Angeles (as a host for FOX Sports) and Chicago (as a host and reporter for Stadium). But no matter where I was living and what I was doing, I've always been able to take one little piece of home with me – Panthers Sundays (or Mondays or Thursdays).

Whether I'm watching from home and live-tweeting the entire time (#KeepPounding) or meeting up at a bar with a bunch of other displaced Panthers fans, this team has kept me feeling connected to my home state of North Carolina. I even got to cover Super Bowl 50 for FOX Sports, which I'll never forget.

As a college football sideline reporter for the last three seasons, I always tried to make sure my flight back home on Sunday was early enough so that I could be on the couch in time for kickoff.

So needless to say, getting the opportunity to now be a part of the team I love is pretty incredible. I promise to make the most of it and bring you the access and coverage I'd want to see as a fan of the team. I can't wait to get started.

Get to know Kristen

Hometown: Southern Pines/Pinehurst, NC (sadly, I'm a terrible golfer despite growing up near some of the best golf courses in the country).

Favorite Panthers memory: The domination over the Cardinals in the 2015 NFC Championship.

First Panthers memory: All the excitement and anticipation of the Carolinas getting an NFL team.

What I'm watching on TV: I just finished Tiger King (like everyone else), but I'm looking for new shows – open to suggestions!

Any pets? I have a 6-pound Chihuahua rescue named Lucille. She's a former stray who has one floppy ear and one straight ear – if you're around me for more than 5 minutes, I'll probably try to show you a picture.

Follow: Twitter, Instagram