Mike Zimmer Foundation Golf Classic Returns After 2020 Hiatus

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
j1ylnblr12uaghfqkjef

"It's really nice, especially the alumni," Zimmer said. "I love having the older players come out.

"We've got a lot of younger players [on our roster] trying to make the team," Zimmer later added, "so they're trying to get on my good side a little bit."

Zimmer also joked that his own golf game has improved over the last year since he built a tee box and four holes at Zimmer Ridge Ranch, his sprawling property in Kentucky.

The coach noted that he and his son, Adam, who is the Vikings co-defensive coordinator and linebackers coach routinely get together for some golf when they are both at the ranch.

"I was in Kentucky for five months [last offseason during the pandemic]," Zimmer said. "We put in a synthetic green … it's been a ton of fun.

"Adam and I had an 18-holer on July 4th," Zimmer added. "It's a lot of fun."

That practice helps Zimmer prepare for one of his foundation's biggest days of the calendar year, which is all for a good cause.

"Last year was a bit of a setback for us," Zimmer-White said. "But everything we do keeps getting bigger, so we're really just hoping to keep growing."