Mile High Morning: Christian McCaffrey dedicates day of NFL Network programming to his father, former Bronco Ed McCaffrey

Miles

Mar 18, 2019
psjqwlol9cx77i6dtabc

The Lead

Ed McCaffrey is getting one heck of a Father's Day present.

The former Broncos wide receiver will find himself at the center of NFL Network's Tuesday programming, as his son Christian chose to highlight some of his father's best moments as part of "Player's Choice," a series in which NFL players are asked to pick games or other programs for that day's broadcast.

"I'm taking over NFL Network and dedicating the day to my dad, Ed McCaffrey, a three-time Super Bowl champion and Pro Bowl wide receiver," Christian said in a promotional video. "Happy Father's Day, dad."

The programming slate will begin at 2 p.m. MT with a Super Bowl XXXII highlight film from the Broncos' win over the Packers. With a 36-yard reception in the third quarter, Ed was the Broncos' leading receiver in the game, and he provided a huge block during Denver's game-winning fourth-quarter drive.

Then, at 2:30 p.m., you can catch "Super Bowl Classics: Super Bowl XXXIII" to re-watch the Broncos' second Lombardi Trophy victory.

Christian then picked the Broncos' Week 9 game against Cincinnati in 1998 to air at 6 p.m. following NFL Total Access. Ed led the team in receiving with seven catches for 133 yards and a touchdown. His 44 yards receiving on the Broncos' final drive keyed Denver to a last-minute game-winning score.

At 8 p.m., NFL Network will show Christian's final Broncos game selection: his father's two-touchdown game against the Chargers in Week 12 of the 2000 season. With less than two minutes left in the game, McCaffrey helped Denver complete a comeback from a 13-point, fourth-quarter deficit.

And, finally, as a nightcap, you can catch "NFL Films Presents: Meet the McCaffreys," a short feature about the prolific McCaffrey family.