Mile High Morning: Von Miller joins TODAY show to discuss his COVID-19 diagnosis

Miles

Mar 18, 2019
aqfszv25whvjahi8yxpx

Miller sounded unsure of how he might have gotten the disease, but he did say that a handful of people had been in his house recently — workers like plumbers or housekeepers — "but it was really nothing crazy. But I coughed and here we are today."

Thankfully, it appears Miller has only had mild symptoms from the disease and is now recovering at home.

"I'm feeling better," he said. "It all started with just a simple cough, and then it got worse."

Miller, the first member of the Broncos organization to contract the disease, chose to share his diagnosis to emphasize that the coronavirus can affect anyone, as the team noted in a statement.

So when asked about his thoughts on how the NFL might begin their season this fall depending on the circumstances, Miller had just one stipulation.

"Whatever's safe," Miller said. "That will always be my first precaution: to do whatever is safe. Whatever we have to do to get things back to normal, that's what we should do. We shouldn't move too fast, just do whatever's safe."