Minicamp notebook: Defense has a day

Sir Purr

Mar 16, 2019
fnerdufdrexho0ysoov4

GLAD TO BE BACK

Rookie cornerback Jaycee Horn missed the first few reps of practice Tuesday, while he was inside Bank of America Stadium signing his new four-year rookie contract. When he rolled in moments later, there were high-fives from teammates glad to see him again.

Horn missed some time last week during OTAs while they negotiated, but said afterward his priority was getting back and getting better.

"It feels good, being able to focus solely on football now," Horn said. "Got all the business stuff out of the way, now I'm ready to play ball.

"Right now, my main goal is the playbook. I feel like you play way faster, and you have more confidence when you know the playbook inside out. And that's my main goal right now, is getting in the playbook and dialing in on that."

When pressed on his absence last week, Horn said contractual matters weren't anything he worried about as he worked out on his own.

"I was just waiting on my agent to tell me when I could come back," he said. "I can't answer any of the contract questions, because I don't know."