Minicamp notebook: New rules ease restrictions on vaccinated

Sir Purr

Mar 16, 2019
pc9f6wp4huiycddlbbxb

In short, the experience will be close to normal for vaccinated players and staff, still very restrictive for those who are not.

Rhule wouldn't specify a number of how many team personnel or players had been vaccinated, but emphasized the benefits.

"The way I would couch it, I don't ever tell anyone else what to do," Rhule said. "I encourage our players; I encourage our team to get vaccinated. We've certainly given our players a lot of information. We presented it as this is what we'd like the team to do, but at the same time, it's a personal decision for each guy. . . .

"I've been focused on the goal of where we want to get to, and hopefully we're going to get there."

The topic is a sensitive one for many players, and quarterback Sam Darnold said he wanted to keep his status "personal" after mentioning earlier this month he hadn't been vaccinated.

But Darnold also acknowledged the importance of players being available to their team, and said that was a factor as he evaluated things.

"Yeah, absolutely," Darnold said. "I'm personally weighing those decisions every day. That definitely plays a huge part in it."