Monday Morning Mailbag: Athleticism vs. Size On The O-Line, Playing Better In Primetime Games, More

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
qm23jvqbnpb0vqglhz5p

I'm a huge Vikings fan from Oregon and I'm also a huge Ducks fan. I really would love to see Dillon Mitchell, from the University of Oregon, make the team. What are your thoughts as to how realistic of a chance he has to make the final 53-man roster?
-- Brian Massey
Florence, OR

It’s quite realistic that Mitchell will make the 53-man roster. I wouldn’t guarantee it or predict it at this stage, but it’s a realistic proposition, that’s for sure. Mitchell has a lot of talent and it’s clear to see he’s a natural playmaker with the football in his hands. He’s also the kind of player who plays bigger than he’s listed. On top of all that, he plays a position that has a wide open competition for spots on the depth chart. After Chad Beebe, Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen, there isn’t much certainty on the depth chart and that means even a rookie, such as Mitchell or Bisi Johnson, has a golden opportunity. I expect Mitchell to look better and better as training camp progresses, and if he can showcase his abilities in preseason games then he’ll take the next step to solidifying a spot on the 53-man roster.