Monday Morning Mailbag: Cousins Using Play-Action, Hunter's Alignment on Defense, Team's Morale Heading Into Camp

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
ej5hd7uf20tvvnfksg54

Can you get a read on the morale of the team right now? Do you sense the team is energized and excited or what is your take right now?
-- Adam J.
Derby, KS

I sense a team that is energized and laser focused heading into training camp. There’s an interesting convergence of sentiment happening, in my view. On one hand, no one is anticipating a step backwards from the defending NFC North champion Bears and the Packers still have Aaron Rodgers. So the Vikings, despite the boat load of talent on the roster, are a team many people may pick to finish third in the division. A team with this much talent flying that far under the radar is a good thing. On the other hand, many of those talented players on the roster have earned big contracts. And the mantra “to whom much is given, much is expected” will not be lost on those players. So my sense is the Vikings have a lot of prideful players who are eager to prove the team right for investing in them and those players will be able to fly under the radar while they search for vindication.