Monday Morning Mailbag: Recent Offensive Line Signings, Draft Day Scenarios, More

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
zydup6qvq85itf90ykky

If Jonah Williams and Ed Oliver are available at No. 18, who do you take? I know last year the Colts drafted two offensive linemen in the first two rounds and it helped their front. I’m leaning toward Williams.
-- Curtis Moore
Easton, PA

Wow, what a dilemma that would be. But these are the types of scenarios and questions teams must prepare for, and it wouldn’t surprise me if this exact scenario is one several GMs put in front of the draft room leading up to April 25. Given the depth of this year’s defensive draft class and particularly the depth at defensive line, plus the Vikings need along the offensive line, I lean toward Williams, too. But I don’t have all the information, my opinion isn’t a reflection whatsoever of what the Vikings might do and that’s just a lean toward Williams for me. It’s an interesting question and it’s a dilemma I would love for the Vikings to face because I think both players can be difference-makers at the NFL level.