Monday Morning Mailbag: Smith's Place Among NFL's Elite, Cousins' Chemistry With The Offense, More

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
iytpofthvtlk2fybvlph

Why do you think Harrison Smith underrated by others even though stats prove he’s been the best all-around safety in the NFL?
--
Chase D.
Great Falls, MT

I don’t know if or why Smith would be underrated by folks outside the building, but I do know that inside the building he’s held in the highest regard. That matters much more than what is said about him by people outside the building. In our interview with Mike Zimmer from his ranch a week before training camp, the Vikings head coach mentioned Smith by name when I asked him what it was like to coach players who were like extensions of the coaching staff on the field. And if you ask Smith’s teammates about him, they will also rave about his ability, leadership and toughness. So just forget about where he lands on the NFL Top 100 Players list and forget about what people on TV say about him. Just know that in the Vikings building, there is nothing but respect and admiration for the Hitman.