NFL.com: Colts’ Kemoko Turay A Homegrown Talent With ‘Biggest Upside’ Off Edge

Blue

Mar 19, 2019
tjkaflr4ldfuozyceefu

“Yeah, I talk to Robert Mathis every day,” Turay said. “He’s a different player, he’s unique. You don’t see a lot of good pass rushers out there — once every 10 years you see good pass rushers, and he’s one of them. I’ve learned a lot from him. Not only the physical part, but also the knowledge. Just how he played the game and just taking in all the knowledge he talks about and try to get better from it.

“I watch his film, and we watch film together, we watch my film,” Turay continued, further explaining his relationships with Mathis and Houston. “I also watch Justin Houston, I talk to him as well. He also spit knowledge to me, and he trained with Robert Mathis on Thursdays and Tuesdays, and I just hear two great pass rushers talking, just like, ‘Wow.’”

It only seems natural for Turay to take that next step towards becoming a consistent, hellacious pass rusher in 2019.

He and the Colts will have a full slate of talented quarterbacks to attack in the upcoming season, including reigning NFL MVP Patrick Mahomes, Drew Brees, Cam Newton, Philip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan and Deshaun Watson (twice).

Turay isn’t focusing on the opponents, though.

“I mean, I just worry about getting one percent better like Coach Frank (Reich) always says and just worry about getting better each and every day,” Turay said. “I don’t worry about the quarterback, I’m just worried about me personally trying to get better and everything will take care of itself.”

If Turay gets better like he’s been working on, then that list of quarterbacks will have a tough task when they face the Colts in 2019.