NOTEBOOK: Boone Looking to ‘Make the Most’ Out of 1st Potential NFL Start

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
nafrdbg5z5xhwgjl05i7

“He’s a guy that I remember, in the preseason, he was just so fun to watch,” Thielen said. “I remember that last game you’re like, ‘Get him out of there! We need that guy for the season.’

“He’s just so talented and runs the football with a mentality that you don’t see every day. Obviously, that room is extremely deep. We have guys that can do things like that,” Thielen added. “He’s another one of those guys. We’re going to have to have everybody on board, and he’s going to have to be one of those guys who has to step up and make plays for us.”

Rudolph, who mobbed Boone after his first score, added: “I love the way he plays. I love the way he works. It seems like the last two preseasons, when he gets carries, he makes the most of it, and then all season long, he’s played well on special teams and been one of our best players on special teams. You never know when your opportunity is going to come. He got his opportunity on Sunday in L.A., and he ran the ball with a different tempo. He came in there and was excited, tried to make the most of every run and ended up scoring his first two touchdowns in the NFL.”

Vikings Head Coach Mike Zimmer has praised Boone’s play on special teams multiple times this season.

Zimmer said Friday that Boone brings an energy to the field no matter what phase it is.

“Yeah, he’s really been chomping at the bit to play, anyway, and that’s why he’s been doing such a great job for us on special teams, because he just wants to get on the field and play,” Zimmer said. “I think [Vikings running backs coach] Kennedy [Polamalu] does a great job with him – and Dalvin and those other guys, as well. I think he’s just really excited about any time he can get on the field.”

Boone has 21 carries for 97 yards and two touchdowns this season, and he has 32 attempts for 144 yards in his career.

Boone joined the Vikings as an undrafted free agent in the spring of 2018.

“I finally get an opportunity, and I try to take advantage,” Boone said.