Offseason Injury Updates: Jack Doyle, Clayton Geathers, Deon Cain

Blue

Mar 19, 2019
f9asu5bfi2zv1flnuxpt

» Deon Cain: Cain was the talk of training camp last year, as the 2018 sixth-round pick out of Clemson was seemingly making flash play after flash play each and every day at the wide receiver position.

But his season ended before it could ever get started, as he suffered a torn ACL on a non-contact play during the Colts’ very first preseason game against the Seattle Seahawks — on his birthday, of all days.

Cain has since had an intense recovery and rehab regimen, which has helped him begin running routes once again. The goal is for him to be back on the field with the team during training camp, and general manager Chris Ballard said he feels Cain will really start to get back to 100 percent by about midway through the regular season.

“I’m pretty much still doing everything,” Cain said when asked what his rehab work is like. “Just working still on the field running routes and stuff like that. Still running and getting my conditioning down. Basically doing most everything that they are doing on the offseason program. Still pretty much in the flow but just with the trainers and stuff.”

Cain said he’s also anxiously awaiting the opportunity to simply get back on the field, throw on his practice jersey and compete for a job once again.

“Just want to go and get back into the flow of staying in football shape and actually coming back, hearing the plays and going back all through that same momentum,” he said. “I know I still have got the same capabilities just from what I have been doing with my trainers. I feel like I’m still there, I just want to get back into that football flow and come back in being the same guy.”