OTA Notebook: Taylor Moton likely staying on right side

Sir Purr

Mar 16, 2019
jrfi2m1mlnvq23qwjnvd

SPREADING THE WORD

The NFL has relaxed rules for players and staff members who have been vaccinated against COVID-19, such as eliminating the need to wear masks for fully vaccinated personnel.

Rhule said he wasn't trying to persuade anyone in any direction, but wanted to make sure players have the appropriate information (including how they'd benefit in the workplace).

"It's fair to say I don't tell anyone what to do," Rhule said. "It's their personal decision. As with any topic in life, I always say do your research, but do it from the right sources. Talk to doctors, talk to your doctors, talk to our doctors. And obviously, making sure our guys know the difference between being vaccinated and unvaccinated. There are differences in the protocols, and there will be differences in training camp.

"My job is to give people information and let them make decisions. Not much beyond that."

Quarterback Sam Darnold said he hasn't been vaccinated yet, and is still doing his own research.

"There's a ton of different things that go into it," Darnold said. "I'm going to evaluate that on my own and make the best decision that I feel is the best for myself."

Kicker Joey Slye said he initially had some doubts about the vaccine and the virus, but after hearing from doctors at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (where his late brother was treated for cancer), he called the decision to be vaccinated a "no-brainer."