Packers 'kind of feel lost' day after difficult defeat

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
nnfgcsl1bc3weztlhutf

Linsley confessed the offensive line, which had played outstanding all year despite several injuries and moving parts, also wasn't at its best. The late-season absence of All-Pro left tackle David Bakhtiari had been handled well through two games but was felt against Tampa Bay's pass rush, with Rodgers getting sacked a season-high five times.

"We didn't get the job done up front," said Linsley, lamenting the big deficit but lauding a comeback everyone believed they could pull off. "We've shown this resiliency all year to never quit. We have that to be proud of, but it doesn't make the loss hurt any less."

The reality in the NFL is the roster will change, along with the locker-room dynamics, as players' careers climb and decline. That makes every season its own entity, and while the ending was tough to stomach, over time the memories will turn less bitter.

"I'll remember how proud I am for this team for the different adversities that we fought through this year – the injuries, the triumphs, the glorious season that a lot of people had," Lazard said. "Obviously, very disappointed with the results yesterday, but very lucky and humbling to be able to play with such great teammates and be coached by great coaches and being in a great organization.

"I'm going to remember a lot from this year and hopefully we'll be able to build some more memories, as well."