Packers minicamp: Davante Adams, David Bakhtiari share their thoughts on Aaron Rodgers

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
l2yzzzoenzzwvfrzvn9h

GREEN BAY – Two of Aaron Rodgers' best friends on the Packers both expressed Tuesday how they personally have his back during his conflict with the organization, and at the same time how badly they want him to remain their quarterback.

All-Pros David Bakhtiari and Davante Adams both spoke with the media after the first practice of minicamp, the only mandatory portion of the offseason, which Rodgers still skipped as expected. The pair of close, longtime teammates made several things clear.

They're going to support their friend, they're not going to get in the middle of it, they don't know anything more than anybody else about the situation, and they hope he returns to the team at some point.

"I care about Aaron Rodgers from a friend perspective," said Bakhtiari, who continued his ACL rehab off to the side during practice. "I will never hold any grudge against him. That is someone that I have appreciated, and he has done a lot for this organization and a lot for me as an individual.

"Now, as a teammate, I would be idiotic to say that I don't want the MVP back. He's the MVP of the league last year. He's done amazing things."

Both players were rather candid, without sharing specifics or any details of conversations, in their comments about the conflict, which has seen Rodgers skip the entirety of the offseason program for the first time in his career.

That candidness included admissions they really don't know how this is going to end, and they weren't going to make any predictions. From their perspective, there also will be no hard feelings however this gets resolved.

"Honestly, I've got no expectations, man," Adams said. "I'm just being supportive of my guy and let it all unfold how it does. Obviously, I'm praying that he comes back. We all want him back. I think everybody in this building has that same mindset.

"When and if he's back, obviously we'll welcome him with open arms."