Presser Points: Zimmer Likes Vikings Ability to ‘Find Different Ways to Win’

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
uijmeuhyjc5g8xhjm1zg

Here are four other topics Zimmer addressed during his podium session:

1. Rhodes update and CB rotation

If the Vikings once again utilize a rotation at cornerback at Los Angeles, they are hopeful that Xavier Rhodes will be in the mix.

Rhodes suffered an ankle injury on the play that Harrison Smith intercepted Lions QB David Blough, but Zimmer said he doesn’t believe Rhodes will be sidelined for the Week 15 matchup.

“I don’t, but it’s hard for me to say,” Zimmer explained. “[The players] just came in today, and I got a report from the trainers. They don’t think so.”

The head coach was asked about Minnesota’s rotation at corner against Detroit.

Is the benefit of a rotation exploring certain matchups?

“No, it’s just something we decided to do last week,” Zimmer said. “We may not do it this week, just felt like it was the best thing to do at this point.”

The approach did seem to pay off for the Vikings, though. Zimmer acknowledged that the group “played better” against the Lions than in recent weeks.

“There was only like one or two things during the course of the ball game that we did not do like they’re being coached to do,” he said. “Hopefully that continues to improve, maybe take a little wear and tear, where they have to be thinking all the time, off their plate. I don’t know, we’ll see what this week holds.”