Presser Points: Zimmer Sees Vikings Progress in Game Situations

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
aqs1spbe3bavgigohxzh

Here are four other topics Zimmer covered:

1. Quarantining a QB?

The Broncos on Sunday were without all four quarterbacks after one tested positive for COVID-19 and the other three were deemed "close contacts."

Zimmer was asked if he's considered quarantining or isolating one of the Vikings four quarterbacks (including Jake Browning or Nate Stanley on the practice squad) to further guard against a similar situation befalling Minnesota.

"No, we haven't really talked about that much. We talked about it earlier in the year. You know, quite honestly, if a guy isn't practicing, he's probably not going to play very good anyway," Zimmer said. "We'll just keep being really careful with our protocols and being smart with the masks and all of that. What happened to [the Broncos], from what I understand, was close contact. We've been really diligent about that, guys wearing masks and those types of things."

2. Next man up

The Vikings were without Adam Thielen on Sunday, but a number of players stepped up to help Minnesota defeat Carolina.

Among them, of course, was Chad Beebe, who scored the final go-ahead touchdown after muffing a punt return on the previous possession. Bisi Johnson also provided a go-to target for Cousins; the second-year receiver caught all seven passes thrown his way for 74 yards.

"I thought [Bisi] Johnson played well, and Beebe, both. I thought they both played well. We probably could have played Tajaé Sharpe a little bit more, but we've got a lot of guys in there. And then with Kyle [Rudolph] and Irv [Smith] and [Tyler] Conklin, it's all about how you can use the guys, not necessarily if they're receivers or not."

Note: Smith was sidelined Sunday but was mentioned by Zimmer as an overall part of Minnesota's passing game.