Raven Greene put in the work this offseason

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
inm6vs43vksdi0vt2wvl

“Yeah, Raven, he’s a smart football player,” Head Coach Matt LaFleur said. “Again, (he) has shown some versatility whether we line him up as a dime (DB) or at safety. So, I’m excited about him moving forward.”

The hybrid safety post has become a staple of Green Bay’s defenses, with Morgan Burnett, Josh Jones, Jermaine Whitehead, Ibraheim Campbell and Greene all taking snaps alongside inside linebacker Blake Martinez in recent years.

Greene feels natural playing near the line of scrimmage and doesn’t believe the added muscle he put on this offseason has zapped him of any speed or lateral quickness.

Getting the opportunity to take more first- and second-team reps with the defense has helped crystallize the finer details of Pettine’s scheme for Greene.

“I really want to just get out there,” Greene said. “I mean, the second year in the system is really when you take the most leaps, obviously. Just being able to get out there and get quality reps is something that I’ve really been looking forward to. I’m trying to make the most of it.”