Rookie CBs Dantzler & Gladney Take Pride in Dual Start at Houston

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
prjbzb33c1pvvjx7x8jj

Dantzler has admired Wilson's game from afar but realizes the magnitude of this outing will far outweigh a Madden matchup.

"Russell Wilson is just a great quarterback, one of the tops in the league," Dantzler said. "We just have to prepare like we do every week, practice real hard and study on the things that he does. I feel like we're going to do that and try to come out with a win.

"I've watched them growing up, but I'm playing against them, so I can't get excited," he added about the caliber of QBs he'll be facing. "I have to stay focused and get prepared every week. That's how they feed their family and how I feed my family, so at the end of the day, I just have to prepare for those guys."

The Vikings first injury report of the week won't roll out until Wednesday, so it's too early to know if Dantzler and Gladney will both start again in Week 5. But ultimately, Dantzler said, it doesn't matter.

"At the end of the day, I feel like all of us have one goal, and that's to win. No matter who starts," he said. "No matter if I start, Jeff, Mike, Holton [Hill] – it doesn't matter. I feel like we have a connection to where we're going to be there for our brothers. Whoever starts, starts. We're just going to come in and contribute together."