Rookie Diaries: Yetur Gross-Matos hopeful to meet rest of 2020 class soon

Sir Purr

Mar 16, 2019
ykaxi7k9easmhhppafjp

"I think it's a different type of learning style," he said. "Obviously, it's me getting used to learning different terminology and kind of unlearning what you learned before. And I think they ask you to learn a lot more at this level.

"(I'm) kind of thinking back like, 'Man if I had known this in college,' I feel like I would've been able to do so much more. So there's been a lot of learning going on."

Even though they haven't been able to get together in-person, Gross-Matos did describe some solid interaction between the rookie class, with guys often chatting and laughing toward the end of meetings.

"You see little peeks of people's personality come out," Gross-Matos said. "There are some people who talk and then other people who don't really talk a lot. So getting with those guys in person would be different and more helpful in making those relationships."

And with rookies scheduled to report to Charlotte in less than two weeks, Gross-Matos is getting closer to what he craves the most — getting back on the field.

"Competing with my teammates, competing with all the other rookies we drafted and the ones fighting for those spots, and making a good impression to earn the respect of my teammates," Gross-Matos said. "That's my main focus right now."