Safety Kareem Jackson announces COVID-19 diagnosis, anticipates 'full recovery'

Miles

Mar 18, 2019
xluie581pqed9ugkma3h

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Broncos safety Kareem Jackson has been diagnosed with COVID-19 and anticipates a full recovery, he said in a statement on Twitter on Thursday.

Jackson, who is entering his second season with the Broncos, wrote that he experienced mild symptoms for the disease and then tested positive for the novel coronavirus.

"After experiencing mild symptoms, I have tested positive for COVID-19," Jackson wrote. "I am currently at home and in self-isolation under the care of my doctors. Although I am doing well and anticipate a full recovery, I wanted to take this opportunity to remind everyone to take this virus seriously. I have and will continue to do my part to keep our communities safe, and I encourage everyone to do the same.

"Thank you for all the love and support."

Jackson is the second Broncos player to go public with his positive COVID-19 diagnosis. Von Miller previously was diagnosed with and then recovered from the novel coronavirus.

Jackson's illness was first reported Wednesday, and he confirmed the diagnosis on Thursday.