Signing Tevin Coleman Was 'Christmas in March' for 49ers

Sourdough Sam

Mar 20, 2019
xto1kxdm59ifr51kgbuk

“That conversation hasn’t happened,” LaFleur said. “We’re just so happy to look at that board and know we have a lot of quality running backs – guys who have played in this league and guys who have played in this offense.”

First and foremost, it’s imperative to maintain a positive culture within the running backs room. McDaniel isn’t worried about that part and said everyone has bought into the mantra of, “We all have success when one has success.”

Matchups will impact which runner is featured on a game-to-game basis. Each opponent will have varying weaknesses that Shanahan will look to take advantage of. It won’t always be the same running back that gives the 49ers the best chance to do so.

“We know what these guys can do, so how can we exploit the defense with what they can do? It can change week in and week out,” LaFleur said.

Juszczyk envisions a similar scenario playing out.

“I anticipate that you’re going to see a different guy shine each week. There’s so much skill in that room – there’s so much talent that I think it’s going to be hard to keep anyone off the field. It’s going to be hard to focus on just one guy.

“I think each week you’re going to see somebody different make a big play. I think it’s a good thing. It’s going to be a lot of fun, and I’m interested to see what Kyle does with us.”