Tailgate Tour allows alumni to ‘see what Wisconsin is really about’

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
ebhaoobkhzpxssjazvsp

GREEN BAY – They come from all walks of post-football life.

Scott Wells is teaching senior economics, and coaching football and wrestling. Earl Dotson is down to around 220 pounds after changing his lifestyle, trading out red meat for fish and salads.

Aaron Kampman is raising four kids and running a leadership development business. Nick Barnett served as a coaching intern with the Packers last summer, while Ryan Grant and Bernardo Harris continue to keep up on the team from afar.

Over the next five days, those six Packers alumni will get reacquainted with one another as they and President/CEO Mark Murphy travel across Wisconsin for the 14th annual Tailgate Tour.

This year’s tour includes stops in Marshfield (April 9), Sparta (April 10), New Richmond (April 11), Chippewa Falls (April 12) and Antigo (April 13), plus surprise stops at schools, hospitals, military locations and community recreational facilities along the way.

“When they asked me to come do this, I said absolutely,” said Wells, who played center for Green Bay from 2004-11. “I wasn’t able to do it as a player, so I’m excited to come back as an alumni and to be able to come out and see the fans, and tour the state.”

Barnett actually has participated in the week-long event once before. He was part of the Packers’ second Tailgate Tour back in 2007, with former President/CEO Bob Harlan, Mark Tauscher and eventual two-time MVP quarterback Aaron Rodgers.