Takeaways from Tahir Whitehead's virtual press conference

Sir Purr

Mar 16, 2019
xf0xkrmoces5gw3sfsn9

Putting in the work

Some players are having a hard time adjusting to training from home while during this quarantine period, but the setup isn't all that new for Whitehead, a self-described homebody.

"For the past five years pretty much I've worked out at home for the most part," he said. "In the offseason, I try to really spend as much time as possible with my family, being as though once the season comes around, I'm hunkered down in grind mode as far as being at the facility and getting home pretty late."

Whether it's lifting weights, practicing his linebacker drops in the backyard or jumping rope, Whitehead is trying to vary his regimen. Lately, he's added a Peloton bike to the mix.

"I ride on that for about 30 minutes or so," Whitehead said. "I have a few teammates that've tried to challenge me on there, so I think I have a challenge later. We'll see how that goes."

After years of practice, Whitehead knows that location is not a limitation.

"No matter if you're in your high school weight room, in your basement working out or you're in a top-notch training facility," he said, "the work still has to be done."