Through the lens: An MVP year for Aaron Rodgers

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
au3uodcxqodjo9qth3jc

For the last five seasons I can count on one hand the number of times we've witnessed a heavy snowfall during a game at Lambeau Field. You'd think the opportunities would be endless, but it's not. Snowfall looks great visually, but it's a pain in the butt for focusing, tracking subjects and keeping your gear dry. Anytime you do get a heavy snowfall you always want to make the best of it. Week 16 was actually the perfect game for the white flakes because it was a night game. I knew a dark sky and the stadium lights would add nice layers to the composition. My main goal was to capture a nice winter scenic with Aaron Rodgers & Co. at work. This wide-angle composition is layered with some cool details too, such as the bright stadium lights, snow-covered field, shoveled lines to show the yard lines on the field, and the body language of the players. I chose the north end zone because I knew that I'd have more of a dark sky to work with, meaning more contrast with the white snowflakes. I also wanted this image to be taken from behind, so their names and numbers stood out more. Having Aaron Rodgers centered in the frame is fitting to this winter wonderland shot. (Canon 1DX Mark III, 35mm, f2 at 1/6400th, ISO: 2000)