Through the Lens: Intros, faces and frames of the Packers

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
hhd1tjtynclqtpqv7ma2

I tried this same composition by using a remote camera during the first night game of the season, but I didn't like the camera placement and final results. Using a remote camera can be a headache because you can't predict the unexpected. Once the camera is mounted in place and pre-focused, it's a done deal. You can always make adjustments leading up to the moment but once the players run out onto the field and you trip the transmitter to the receiver, then that's what you get. I always find it better if I'm behind the camera. This image of Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers running out onto the field is a perfect example. This game, for some reason, the smoke was rolling out way in front of the tunnel entrance, unlike in the previous night game. If I were using a remote camera, I would've missed out on maximizing the amount of smoke in the composition, which I think is the coolest layer in the composition. Now, I could've used a wider lens with a remote camera, but I really like how the 35mm looks…just enough crowd and stadium ambiance. This image was shot with a 35mm lens (ISO = 2000, Aperture = 2, Shutter = 1/5000th).