Top Primetime Performers from 49ers Victory over Packers on “Sunday Night Football”

Sourdough Sam

Mar 20, 2019
xsh5e8g7ee1matqs6rqb

5. Jimmy Garoppolo - 78.1 overall grade

Garoppolo completed 14-of-20 passes (70.0 percent) for 253 yards, two touchdowns and a career-high quarterback rating of 145.8. The quarterback averaged a career-high 12.7 yards per attempt on Sunday. He was 6-of-6 for 176 yards and two touchdowns on targets of 10-plus yards downfield. He was also 6-of-6 for 122 yards and a touchdown when using play action - both, a perfect passer rating of 158.3.

“I thought Jimmy was great," Shanahan said after the win. "I thought we did very well in the run and the pass game. The opportunities that he had in the pass game, from what I can think back to, seemed pretty flawless. I think he protected the ball, wasn't close to any picks. I thought he protected the ball when they did get there in pass rush and made some big plays when he had too.”

6. Mike McGlinchey - 75.7 overall grade

McGlinchey allowed just one quarterback hurry on Sunday night. He also notched a 79.4 run blocking grade against the Packers.

7. Arik Armstead - 74.7 overall grade

San Francisco's former first-round defensive lineman has continued his outstanding fifth-year campaign. Armstead registered five quarterback pressures, including two sacks, one hit and one hurry against Rodgers. When Armstead and Bosa were aligned on the same side, they accounted for three pressures and three sacks on Sunday. Armstead now leads San Francisco with 10 sacks on the season, a career high and 19.0 for his career. Sunday marked his third game with at least 1.5 sacks as the defensive lineman has registered at least 1.0 sack in three consecutive games for the first time in his career.

“Arik has been great since we got here," Shanahan said. "Going against Arik in training camp and OTAs, even from our first year, he’s a guy who I hated going against him as an offensive coach. He’s very hard to block in the run and pass game. I thought he did some real good things for us the first two years. I think he’s had some unfortunate injuries. I think this year he’s been able to stay healthy, play in every game and I think just the way we’ve changed up our D-line. Our style of play, it’s benefitted all of them, but probably him the most, just in terms of never having to kind of read and react. Just being aggressive every play, going right at the quarterback, reacting to run. With his length and size, just allowing him to be a little bit more decisive and the rest has been him. He’s had no hesitation and he’s stayed healthy.”

8. Damontre Moore - 73.6 overall grade

Moore has been impressive in his two weeks with San Francisco. Coming off of a game where the defensive lineman recorded his first forced fumble with the team, Moore registered five quarterback pressures (one hit, four hurries) in 21 pass rushes. He also registered two run stops. Shanahan announced on Monday that Moore would be placed on season-ending Injured Reserve after suffering a broken forearm in Sunday night's contest.

9. Daniel Brunskill - 72.9 overall grade

The third-year offensive lineman didn't allow a single quarterback pressure against the Packers. Brunskill took his first snaps as a pro at left tackle in a regular season game (including AAF) as he replaced rookie Justin Skule with six minutes left in the second quarter. He only played left tackle with the 49ers in the preseason and had three snaps in college.

10. Weston Richburg - 72.3 overall grade

San Francisco's center allowed just one quarterback pressure (hurry) in 48 snaps.

**Pro Bowl voting is now open. Vote for your favorite 49ers to make the 2020 Pro Bowl at NFL.com/ProBowl.