Vikings 2019 Draft Picks Experience Surreal Feeling on Day 1 in the NFL

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
tkvocr4gkklfjwcgnejr

EAGAN, Minn. — The dream is becoming more real.

All 12 of Minnesota’s selections from the 2019 NFL Draft arrived in the Land of 10,000 Lakes on Thursday afternoon as they were welcomed to Minnesota to get set for this weekend’s rookie minicamp.

For many, the excitement ramped up once they set foot inside Twin Cities Orthopedics Performance Center.

“It’s just been a dream come true,” said running back Alexander Mattison, a third-round pick. “I mean, it’s just been so surreal to know this is actually happening.

“This is actually something I’ve been working for since I was 6 years old and first started playing football and fell in love with the game,” Mattison added. “I’m just super excited, and I can’t wait to get the opportunity to step out there and strap on the pads and get going.”

Added sixth-round safety Marcus Epps: “It’s been so exciting. This is something that I’ve looked forward to my whole life and worked toward my whole life. I’m just blessed the Vikings organization gave me this opportunity. I couldn’t be happier.”

While the majority of the rookies landed in Minnesota for the first time, there was one, of course, who had already gotten a taste of the NFL life.

That would be Vikings center Garrett Bradbury, the 18th overall pick in the draft. Bradbury was selected a week ago and flown to the Twin Cities with his father, Tim, for an introductory press conference last Friday.

“I’ve been super excited,” Bradbury said of his past few days. “Coming here [last week] was kind of a tease, just being there for a few hours and then having to fly out, so I’m just excited to be back here, get practicing and meet everyone.

“These facilities are phenomenal, and I just want to get started,” Bradbury added. “I trained with a few of [the rookies] during the combine process, so getting to see some familiar faces and my other teammates, I’m just ready to get to work with them.”