Vikings Defense Has Up-and-Down Performance in Loss

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
lf3x7dhe53adm0oxhm3n

Along the way, the Vikings were victimized by lengthy pass plays. Of the five longest plays allowed by the Vikings defense Sunday, three of them came in the third quarter.

With Minnesota up 24-12, the Vikings allowed a 61-yard pass play that set up a score. The Vikings also allowed plays of 38 and 21 yards on passes by Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill during the period.

"Obviously they made a couple pass plays, but yeah, field goal kicker kicked a lot of solid kicks today," Kendricks said. "We gave up like three explosive plays that I can remember. We've got to limit the explosives on defense, obviously.

"But I felt like everyone was into it. I felt like our energy was high. We were very physical today," Kendricks added. "We held them to field goals in the red zone for the most part, except for on some of those explosive gains. We've got to start putting more of the pieces together. It wasn't enough."

A frustrated Zimmer lamented the big plays, including the 61-yarder when rookie Jeff Gladney was in coverage.

Even on a bright spot of the day — a Harrison Smith interception — Zimmer said there were miscues.

"The big plays, you can't do that. You just can't do that, and sometimes guys try to make plays that they shouldn't be trying to make," Zimmer said. "Actually, Harrison Smith made an unbelievable interception. He was the back-side safety, but the front-side safety should have been there.