Vikings Man of the Year Nominee Kendricks to Support Hometown School with $40K Donation

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
fr8mptenuog2l4knq9je

"This award means so much to our family because it truly represents the best of a person," Connie continued. "It shows the love and concern and compassion for your fellow man, woman and child. All of you have shown that and done that. I'm so proud of you and really thankful to have you all be a part of the Man of the Year family now."

The nominees were given the opportunity to thank the Payton family, share with their peers and reflect on the honor's significance.

Kendricks spoke up to thank everyone on the call for their efforts, especially during an incredibly challenging year.

"There were times during this year where it was harder to put yourself out there – you may have woken up and felt a little shy or couldn't go out and speak that day – but thank you to you guys for giving me that strength on those days to keep pushing forward, keep delivering the message and keep fighting for what's right," Kendricks said. "It's been a long year, but together, I feel like the unity we showed throughout the NFL really helped me become a better person and hold myself to a greater standard than I held myself to previously.

"So I just want to say thank you, and I'm honored to be representing the Vikings for this award, with guys like Cris and LT, who I grew up in California watching," Kendricks added. "You guys have definitely influenced me, and I just want to say thank you."

Carter offered the group a parting message of encouragement to continue making a difference.

"I don't care who you are. I don't care what you're doing. You are making an impact. We are more than football players," Carter said. "I'd like to thank Roger for representing the National Football League; I'd like to thank Nationwide for being a sponsor. But more than anything else, I'd like to thank the men that put those pads on and say 'I'm more than' and continue to do it. Thank you for what you did in 2020, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do in 2021. No matter where you go, realize that we're leaders."