Vikings Offense 'Not Very Good at Anything' After 2 Weeks

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
gohqaancfxewma62miwv

And after using just over 90 seconds off the clock, sent the defense back onto the field after that unit had just endured a 9-plus minute drive. The Colts took advantage, promptly scoring and getting a lead they wouldn't give up.

And yes, the Vikings offense took a safety for the second straight week.

"Just was going through my read and just obviously felt pressure and tried to move and then they had me in the grasp and just tried to get out of the end zone the best I could," Cousins said. "It's another one where it's tough to explain all that went on unless I can watch it and kind of see what took place."

It was a poor overall performance from the Vikings starting quarterback, who completed 11 of 26 passes (42.3 percent) for just 113 yards with no touchdowns and three interceptions.

Cousins' passer rating of 15.9 was the lowest in his career as a starter, and according to Pro Football Reference, the fourth-worst by a Vikings quarterback with at least 20 throws since the 1970 merger.

Cousins also had his first three-interception game as a Viking, and just the third game in his 95-game career with three picks.

"Yeah it wasn't the day we wanted," Cousins said. "We'll have to go back and really learn from it, watch the film and really get a better understanding of how we can be better as a unit, how I can be better as a quarterback. That'll be my focus tonight, tomorrow and moving through the week."

Added Zimmer: "He didn't play very good. I don't know. I'll have to look at the tape."

The Vikings tallied 80 total rushing yards Sunday on 18 attempts, with Cook gaining 63 yards and getting a score on 14 attempts.

But because the Vikings played from behind yet again, Minnesota couldn't get its offense in rhythm for the second straight week.

Through two games, the Vikings have held the ball for just 40 minutes and 19 seconds. They have 13 first-half points and have converted on just five of 15 total attempts on third downs.