Vikings Offense Sputters Against 49ers

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
azccxtequilmj6i0quby

Diggs led the Vikings with 57 yards on a pair of catches, and Thielen had five receptions for 50 yards. Rookie tight end Irv Smith, Jr., had three catches for 39 yards, and Kyle Rudolph had two receptions for four yards.

“Obviously, we prepare and work our tails off, and to have that result, it sucks,” Thielen said. “It’s never fun, never easy, but we have to go back to work and try to figure it out.”

Diggs added: “You can take away that we lost and have a lot to learn from. It was a long year, hard-fought battles all year.”

The Vikings saw their season end in Northern California. And even though it ended earlier than Minnesota wanted it to, there was still plenty of pride in the Vikings locker room.

“I love this team, love the guys in this locker room, love the way everybody fought week-in and week-out,” Thielen said. “We have a lot of fighters on this team, and I love going to work with these guys.

“That’s probably the toughest thing about this loss,” Thielen added, “is that these guys deserve it.”

Added Elflein: “Throughout this whole locker room, it’s just a bunch of fighters. We’ve been through ups and downs and close games. People counted us out, and we just kept fighting. We just came up short today.”

Said Zimmer: “I know I’m proud of this football team, the way that they competed and worked and did all the things that they had to do throughout the course of this year. It’s unfortunate we didn’t play better today.”