Vikings Offense Stacks Stats But Sputters Late Against Cowboys

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
mumb9mz4r94grgbf317i

"I think we did a pretty good job on the ground today, sticking with it, staying with it," Cook said. "We gave ourselves a chance to win. We just didn't pull it off. But we knew the type of team we were facing – fast team, coming off a bye week, fresh team, do a lot of movements, run sets, just [doesn't have the record] to show. They're a good team.

"We never got on schedule in the first half. The first half was just like, it was all a blur," he later said. "Once we came out in the second half, guys were seeing, 'If we stay, if we do the things we need to do to win this game, we can win it.' And I think they probably stopped us once in the second half. … We could have done the same thing in the first half, but we never got on schedule to make those plays."

Cook's outing gave him a total of 750 scrimmage yards over a four-game span, the most by any Viking in team history. Adrian Peterson held the previous record with 740.

Cousins finished the game 22-of-30 passing for 314 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions for a passer rating of 140.1, his fourth-best in Purple.

His third touchdown pass of the day was a perfectly placed throw to Justin Jefferson for a 39-yard score. The play occurred less than three minutes after the Cowboys scored on a touchdown to Tony Pollard, and it gave the Vikings a 28-24 lead heading into the final nine minutes.

The Vikings forced a punt less than three minutes later with 5:54 remaining in the game but went four-and-punt, taking off less than two minutes of clock.