Vikings Rookie Minicamp: 1st Impressions

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
x9ubkqwjudtzoj1rtp9b

Nope. You heard that correctly.

"I watched a lot of film. Of course I watched Aaron Donald, because he was at Pitt, even though he plays D-tackle, but he lines up at the edge sometimes. I watched Khalil Mack, I watched T.J. Watt, I watched Yannick [Ngakoue]," Jones said. "I watched Danielle Hunter when he started making noise. He really caught my attention of how he was doing it.

"I watched Preston Smith. I watched J.J. Watt. I watched so many people," he added. "I probably watched two hours in the morning, two hours in the afternoon, an hour after practice – probably about five hours a day I'm watching film. So like 20-25 hours a week of just film I was studying."

Jones and Twyman are among 31 total players, including 11 draft picks, participating in this year's minicamp. Another 11 rookies signed as undrafted free agents will be part of the weekend's activities, as well. Five tryout players also are present, in addition to three returning Vikings: tackle Blake Brandel and quarterbacks Jake Browning and Nate Stanley.

Below are additional first impressions by Vikings youngsters after being partway through their first NFL minicamp.

(Note: Christian Darrisaw and Kellen Mond were not part of the first media session. They are scheduled to speak post-practice.)

Getting back on the field

Although Friday morning's session was just a walk-through in advance of an afternoon practice, several rookies expressed appreciation for the chance to lace up their cleats and get back on the gridiron.