Vikings & Thielen Surprise Fan with Season Tickets for Make-a-Wish

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
qurkwb3tp15wmawppxh8

Jennifer described the scene: Jack decked from head to toe in Purple and Gold, even wearing a Vikings bucket hat indoors. He’s stationed in front of the television for the entirety of the game with the company of his dog, who has its own Vikings jersey.

“He’s a big, big fan. He’d prefer never to have to work on Sundays because it’s sort of a sacred day for him,” Jennifer said.

Jack explained that watching the Vikings is a welcome distraction.

“It’s a couple hours in your day that you can just not worry about anything and enjoy it,” Jack said. “It’s awesome.”

Jack grew a bit emotional after his interaction with Thielen, saying he “didn’t think he’d be able to do any of this stuff” after his diagnosis.

Now a few months later, excitement and happiness filled his day. And maybe, just a tiny bit of anxiety – but this time, in a good way.

“I was scared. I was like, ‘Oh, gosh,’ ” laughed Jack of when he first saw Thielen. “I was trying to think about it earlier today, like, ‘If I get to talk to one of these players, what am I going to say?’ It all went out the door.”

Added Jack: “I’m glad he did most of the talking. He’s a great guy.”

For his parents looking on, they couldn’t help but remember that night in the emergency room.

“Jack said, ‘I always wanted to have season tickets to the Vikings, but now I’m not sure I’m going to live long enough,’ ” his mother, Jennifer, tearfully recalled. “And now, he’s doing great. And he’s going to have those tickets.”