You've Got Mail: Jets Week

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
krazjreix0zglhyzxn7r

"Darren, it's been my belief the 2020 Cards were never making the Super Bowl and even the playoffs would have been (and may still be) a remarkable achievement. So I'm relatively happy. I definitely want better than the last two games but we're close. Who are earning contracts? Example, Reddick yes, smaller. Fitz yes, smaller. Peterson maybe smaller. Drake, maybe smaller. What's your take. Is anyone on the way to a large contract?"

Joe, it's only fair to point out this question came in before the Panthers game, so I don't know if the beginning part of it still stands. In terms of contracts, I believe in a world where there is so much uncertainty with next year's cap, the larger contracts are done until we get to the offseason. There will have to be a ton of evaluation across the league. All those instances are nuanced. Is Reddick going to want a fresh start? I don't know if Fitz is willing to play for less. Peterson, unless he gets what he asks for, would probably want to test the market. Drake too. What the market will bring, that's a totally different question.

From Jasper Wiese via azcardinals.com:

Continue reading...