You've Got Mail: March Arrives, And So Does J.J. Watt

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
tkrkdrcr2pgtw6zdpgwf

"I'm about to get mad disrespectful but people get hurt when you have the important talks. What is the value of a Hall of Fame when players from 50 years ago who wouldn't even make the league in 2021? In my opinion, a true Hall of Famer is a player who could play in any era. Jim Brown could play today. Barry Sanders could play today. Reggie White, Deion Sanders, Dan Marino, Darrell Green. These guys could all play in 2021. Those are HOFrs to me. Timeless. You know who couldn't play today? Alot, if not most of the names in the HOF. Jimmy Hamhelmet from Hershey, Pennsylvania certainly couldn't, and yet he's one of the best players ever? C'mon now. I made that up but the point stands."

So I don't mean disrespectful to you, but it isn't called the Hall of the Best Players Ever. Fame does take some different paths. I do not know if Don Hutson could hold up against, say, Randy Moss or Fitz as a receiver. But check out his stats compared to all the receivers in his era. He belongs in Canton. You sound like you'd pull people out of Canton? I mean, someday, there are going to be players that get in now that will be surpassed. Athletes in every sport are bigger, stronger, faster than 50 years ago. You'd pull them all out? As a history guy that I am, it's disappointing you think it shouldn't matter.

From Frank Westman via azcardinals.com:

Continue reading...