You've Got Mail: On To Strength And Conditioning

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
zzo4doppqgisyutm7fx4

"I read where the New Jersey governor stated that no fans are allowed in attendance at any sporting events in the state, which obviously affects both the Giants and Jets. Given this, and given how much every club tries to gain or nullify even the most minute advantage, has there been any discussion within the league to prohibit fans for every game, regardless of state? For instance, the Ravens, who have already said they'll have significantly fewer fans in the stands, would seem to have a huge home-field advantage over the Giants/Jets with zero fans. I'm not sure how much stock the players even put in playing in front of a home crowd, other than the luxury of not having to travel, but the potential fan energy over the course of eight games doesn't seem like something to scoff at."

I would be surprised if the NFL unilaterally declared no fans. But we will see where things go -- the Raiders have already announced they will not have fans this season as well. I think fans can make an impact, but a) I think it's different if you are talking for instance a stadium 20 percent full compared to full, and b) this is a season where there will be competitive inbalance in places. Maybe it's a crowd or not. Maybe it's that the quarterback on one team has to sit a week because of COVID and the other team is at full strength. Maybe it's flying in the day of a game. Who knows. This was always going to be a season out of the ordinary.

Continue reading...