You've Got Mail: Rams Week, Part I

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
e1e8ad7tfkmkpw5t6ssf

"We sat behind the Miami bench a couple of weeks ago and noticed that when their defense made a stop or special teams made a play, Tua ran out on the field and congratulated each player even if he had to run 15 yards to get to the last one as they came off. We hear that everybody shows leadership in different ways. It seemed to fuel a spirit and energy in the Dolphins. With the reduced crowd noise you could hear them. How does Kyler practice leadership? Carson Palmer, I believe, used to take his O-line out to dinner each week. Does Kyler do that? What does Kyler do?"

First of all, I'm not sure where you saw Carson taking out the OL every week. I don't recall anything like that. And neither Palmer, nor Kurt Warner, was running out on the field to congratulate special teams plays. Not on a regular basis. Look, this keeps coming up, and I am not sure why a team of professionals needs Kyler to be some rah-rah guy. If he was, great. If he isn't, that's not why they lose games. Now, does he need to deal with in-game setbacks better in terms of some body language? Maybe. But if Kyler is throwing and running and scoring like he is capable, it does not matter if he sits silently on the bench when he isn't in the game. And I guarantee you the rest of the team wouldn't care either.

From Hale Wayans via azcardinals.com:

Continue reading...