You've Got Mail: The Pads Are On, The Work Ratchets Up

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
ulfuscrqotcr0jfw8kjd

"I was today-years-old when I found out that possible Hall of Fame running back Thomas Jones was drafted 7th overall by the Cardinals in 2000. You might as well tell me we drafted Charles Woodson, I was so shocked. And looking at Jones career, its strange how he was pretty non-descript for four years, and then becomes this 1,300+ yard per season all-pro. In looking at the history of the AZ Cardinals, I feel like all of our misfortune has come down to two things. Poor drafting, notably the notorious ones like Adrian Peterson and Suggs. But even worse, was having good players and letting them go. Jones, Leonard Davis, Simeon Rice, Kyle Vanden Bosch, etc."

I was around for all of those guys. And yes, the Cards had some good players and let them go. But they all had their own stories. Jones and Rice were unhappy here. Vanden Bosch had been hurt and they weren't sure he was ever going to get back to the level he did. Davis was surprised the Cardinals didn't want to keep him. Jones did turn out to be a major success story in this league (I don't know if I'd say Hall of Fame.) I will say he was really good in the role he played on the "Luke Cage" Netflix show too.

From Camren Clark via azcardinals.com:

Continue reading...