You've Got Mail: Waiting For Indy

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
diaacb9cyurzcc0yaduj

It's dangerous enough to wait a round or two and not take a guy because you think someone will be there who you need later in a particular draft, but waiting an entire year? Yes, in hindsight it makes sense but no one was advocating such things ahead of time. You can't plan like that. As for BPA versus need, this will be the first time I bring up something I know I will repeat often -- when teams, including the Cardinals, create their top 100 (or whatever) draft list from which to pick from, part of the equation in ranking those players includes need. Fortunately or unfortunately, a lot of the guys considered the best in the draft also are spots where the Cards could use an upgrade. And if they think Tua Tagovailoa is, say, the fifth-best player in the draft and he's on the board when they pick, guess what? They won't be choosing him. As for the particular part of WR out there and the three the Cards took last year, are you saying the Cardinals would be distracted by the shiny new wide receivers and shouldn't just because they drafted three last year? If they thought they could get a Larry Fitzgerald sequel, you want them to pass because they took three at that position a year ago? That would be a mistake.

Continue reading...